The Circle K Ranch is a palate of stunningly beautiful pastures, valleys, hills and vistas, perfect as a family compound, company retreat, or working ranch. Located in the acclaimed Happy Canyon region of the Santa Ynez Valley, it’s close to the historic towns of Los Olivos, Santa Ynez, Ballard, and Solvang, and just 35 minutes to Santa Barbara. Comprised of six parcels totaling 554 acres, and multiple residences, barns, gathering spaces, and recreational opportunities, there are options for many uses.
The rich and storied ownership dates back to the granting of Rancho Canada De Los Pinos under the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo in 1861 to the Sana Ines Mission. Since that time the original 35,500-acre rancho was subdivided into many familiar ranches, vineyards and landmarks of the eastern Santa Ynez Valley.
Former owners include Ray & Joan Kroc's Double Arch Ranch from 1966 to 1990. After Mr Kroc's death in 1984 the ranch was purchased by Gerald Kessler of Nature's Plus Vitamins in 1990 and renamed the Circle K Ranch.
Developments on the ranch designed by Glenn Marchbanks Jr. are nearly intact from the Double Arch Ranch days with a 17,000 square foot lodge, a secluded Knoll House, and multiple bunk houses. There are meeting buildings at the Lodge compound including Founders Library, and a conference hall.